Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cereal Box Spooky Stories!


Reader CK stumbled upon the Haunted House cereal box cardboard flexi disc post from a year ago and was nice enough to share another ceral box Halloween flexi... SPOOKY STORIES!

Spooky Stories! - The Headless Horseman
Spooky Stories! - Untitles (Lonely, Lonely)

There are a fair amount of skips on the recording, but as CK notes: "if you were a 28 year old sheet of plastic glued to some cardboard, you'd skip too". And, well, don't skips and pops make things that much more spooky?

click on the image for a full scan of the record


Jim In Buffalo also sent me a cleaned up version of the previously mentioned Haunted House record (although at 64 Kbps).

Haunted House Cardboard Flexi (cleaned version)

Jim! If you want to send me a better bit-rate, feel free! Sorry I had not responded...well, you know the usual excuses.

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments as I go through, well...a dry spell.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Spooky Stories number 3 with the UFO story about some glowing rocks, some strange old lady offering a glass of lemonade. would like this download since mine skips too and can't figure out the end of the story. Anyone know what actual album these 1, 2, & 3 cardboard flexi stories came from? Thanks for the help!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I am dying to hear the story that brings you down the path, into the house, upstairs and finally, in the box "There was a ... Thing!"

I know these posts are old, but if anyone can point me in the right direction...

Thank you, Mike

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Kevin said...

Probably too late for everybody but I've got the UFO and I've got it transferred to MP3.

As far as where they came from, three of the four came from some already existing Spooky Halloween Stories record. I don't know where the UFO one came from.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home