Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ewa Demarczyk


Born in Kraków in 1941, Ewa Demarczyk studied acting and pianio. In 1962 she started her co-operation with Piwnica Pod Baranami, a theatrical and experimental group of composers setting poetry to music. Ewa began performing solo in 1966, bringing her experimental theatre background to songs that ranged from demonic and triumphant to desperate and fragile.

Ewa Demarczyk - Karuzela z Madonnami (mp3)
Ewa Demarczyk - Groszki i Roze (mp3)

Faun Fables has covered Karuzela z Madonnami (Carousel With Madonnas)

Ewa Demarczyk page - most of it is in Polish

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine gave me a stack of old Polish psych records that he saved from someone's trash up in Toronto. After I picked through what I wanted to keep (Czerwone Gitary, Czeslaw Niemen, Budka Suflera, etc.) I was left with a stack of Ewa Demarczyk records as well as vinyl by similar Polish artists. I dunno how hard these are to come by but if you or any of your readers want them I'd be happy to hook you up for the price of postage. I'd rather have them go to someone who actually enjoys them rather than have them get destroyed in a thrift shop donation box. Contact me at mikewoodford@gmail.com if you're interested.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exceptionally good music. Thanks for your blog and for introducing me to this.

Alas, I'm sure those rare singles are long gone.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, do you still have these records?? If so, I will be thrilled to buy them from you, I'm a big fan of hers.
-Ewa

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Ramki Cyfrowe said...

Very good songs. Thanks for link to unofficial!! website, there is a lot of informations about Ewa.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


"Faun Fables" sing E.Demarczyk song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkImZnNo6A
Here "Faun Fables" and Volti :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxS5RAPdy7I

An interesting illustration of this song by russian painter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvglEgNSbw

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song comes from the album "The Transit Rider" (2006) and the painter is Valery Valius (Валерий Валюс) - his film was published on youtube in 2010.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home